Monday, December 24, 2007

Fishy Business

The newbies are sick. Our remaining oldie is sick. It's not good news on the old goldfish front.

We named the newbies Little Tallulah (which I believe is Choctaw for Leaping Water or something like that; she's goldish brown) and Dumbledore (who is grey with black speckles). They all (including Edgar Alan Poe) have White Spot, which we're trying our hardest to treat but so far there's no sign of improvement. We've had to seperate Dumbledore because he seemed to be trying to eat the fins of both Poe; who is about three times his size I might add, and Little Tallulah who seemed to be suffering from a lot of stress. Since Dumbledore's been seperated Little T has been doing much better but all three of them still need to shake off White Spot before we're all in the clear. Man, who said keeping goldfish was easy!!! By a strange twist of fate though, if they hadn't got sickm, requiring an emergency visit to the local garden centre for fish medicine supplies I wouldn't have bagged myself my bargain of the year. They only went and had a half price sale of all their christmas stock! So, never to miss out on a bargain I bought half our christmas baubles for next years red/white theme for half price!

Saturday, we met up with Rfa, Ktp, John and Dave and a whole host of Rfa's friends for his birthday tour of the Wychwood brewery/curry night. Despite having to leave early at 8, it was a great weekend; made me feel all studenty again sitting outside in the dark with a log burner, eating curry. The tour wasn't too bad either despite it being cold and smelly. I even tried some of the beer and it didn't taste like poison or wee so that was a first! We got a free glass each, a nice little half pinter with a hobgoblin on it. :-)

So, incase it's escaped your notice it's christmas day tomorrow. The pressies under the tree have seemed to multiply after numerous parcels last week, my nails are painted a bright purpley-petrol colour, I bought a wicked cool She-Ra T-shirt for tomorrow, the flat was vacuumed and tidied to a musical soundtrack of Bill Withers and System of a Down for tomorrows un-wrapping-presents-freny and my friend Becko is coming tonight to help me highlight my hair and drink Baileys and so I'm feeling the twinkly christmas spirit. Awesome.

To anyone reading, have an awesome christmas!

1 comment:

:lauren: said...

:( hope everyone is ok post-holiday. love you, girly!