Thursday, May 01, 2014

One for Sorrow...

Is it just me or has there been an increase in the number of Magpies?

The last two weeks, funnily enough around my interviews... I've seen loads of them; nearly always on their own.  Or could it be, that I'm just more aware of them?

It seems to have tailed off this week... but it's just weird. 

One for Sorrow
Two for Joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret never to be told
Eight for a wish
Nine for a kiss
Ten for a surprise you won't want to miss
Eleven for health
Twelve for wealth
Thirteen beware, it's the devil himself.

And yeah, I HAVE seen thirteen at once.

Definitely some sorrow this week. MOST definitely some bad luck... though I wish I could solely blame the Magpie's for my shocking interview performance but sadly I think that was down to me and me only!

Apparently they mean different things all over the world... being lucky in some! Some countries say they can control the weather, some say that they bring death, others saying they bring good charms and good people into your life! But whilst I'm not especially superstitious about other things, I genuinely can't see a Magpie without greeting it properly to ward off the bad luck.

Having said that I did force a tiny money spider to cross my palm last week in the hope it might bring me luck.  I may as well absorb as much as I can for the next two weeks... This. Could. Be. It.

It's coming...

2 comments:

ktpland said...

I've been thinking the exact same thing! I keep having to salute them while driving, at spinning & even aqua aerobics! Will call for. Catch up soon! X

Slink said...

They're everywhere!!! :-( x