Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Second Coming.

On the 10th November 2014 at 1904hrs I got sent this...
 
 
This.... is THE ice cream. 
 
In short:  **READ IT HERE**
 
2005- Ben & Jerry's release this BEAST of an Ice Cream.  I am addicted.
2005- The Ice Cream vanishes to the depths of the Ben & Jerry's Graveyard
2005- I drop into a despair and grief that can only be understood by hardcore addicts. Withdrawal symptoms included emailing Ben & Jerry's to beg for it's return- only to be told I can "view" it in the Graveyard on their website.  I do.  I am heartbroken.
2005-13 Years of heartache and Mint Ice Cream misery ensue.  No other mint ice cream tastes the same.
2013- Hagen Daas release Mint Leaves & Chocolate. My faith in humanity, hope, ice cream and mint is restored.
2014- Minter Wonderland descends. I explode with Joy.
 
It has returned.  In my time of need.  It has returned.  Words genuinely cannot express how I felt seeing that photograph... it was monumental.  I can only compare it to finding my long lost snake ring all those years ago after a year of it being lost.  It was spiritual, emotional and just epic. 
 
I was sent a few torturous videos of it being opened and eaten... however... this was short lived and manageable.  There then followed a WEEK of trying to hunt some down in various supermarkets. And finally.. FINALLY ... I managed to get hold of some after a tip off of some stock in Sainsburys.  I got the last two tubs.  At present I have two tubs of Minter Wonderland and two tubs of Mint Leaves in my freezer.  This makes me feel... glorious.
 
Tomorrow I plan on having a compare of the two ice creams. This is going to be a huge moment for Ice Cream and an even huger moment for my tastebuds. I will blog my results following the strictly controlled experiment.
 
I know my time with this ice cream is short... it won't still be here like the Hagen Daas has been all this time, so I hope it permits me a short, brief affair with the ice cream that started this all. 

No comments: