Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Pointless Ramble.

Still. Can't. Find. A. Stupid. JOB.

and until I do.. I can't really afford to self promote much... or do much at all for that matter.

I've printed out some CV's to hand out randomly in town. Hopefully some places will keep me on file for any up-coming jobs. It seems that, keeping on looking online, signing up to places, and walking round town endlessly is all I can do for now.... oh and of course the crappy jobcentre.

Moan over. Something will come up.

I have on the other hand completed some artwork for a friends new project called The Picture Show, and this time I've even got paid. Quite pleased with some of them, and it was nice being semi-creative for a while. I also placed an ad and my profile on channel 4's IdeasFactory webpage so maybe I'll get a few more people viewing my work from there.

In other, non work related news... my 'sort-of' resolution this year is to build up and maintain my self esteem and a more positive attitude. I was doing quite well over christmas and I'm determined it's going to be a good move for my general wellbeing. It has meant that I had to purchase some new shoes and underwear though. Those things are obligatory to the self esteem building process. :) And yeah- I can't afford them. Tough shit- it's for my health and I figured my relatives would want me to spend my christmas money on nicer things than ink cartridges and flippin printing costs.

Geeez... this really IS a pointless ramble. laters.

5 comments:

Ramzi said...

Underwear builds self-esteem?
Really?

I guess that's another entry in the "things-men-just-don't-get" log...

ktpland said...

nice one! i agree with the underwear and shoes theory! men just dont get it! (sorry ramzi!!)

uve gotta see my new shoes, got about 4/5 pairs since i last saw u! and no, i cant afford them either! teehee!

xx

Slink said...

ramzi- never underestimate the power of pants. Or any other female underwear garments.

:lauren: said...

cute underwear and shoes are necessary for survival.

like today, for instance, i woke up feeling like crap, so I put on my sponge bob snoozy pants underwear (they have pics of sponge bob in pjs sleeping all over them and do in fact say "sponge bob snoozy pants" on them) - and viola! insta-better day!

i whole-heartedly encourage said shopping. :)

Saki said...

Stick with it, Slink! You're a fantastic artist, and before you know it, you'll be world famous :) And then I can say "i knew her when..."