Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Studio

You are invited to have a good nose around my spanking new studio, and privaliged indeed to be the seeing it before I actually start working in it and mess it all up. I've even labelled the good bits.


1. My computer, or the moniter anyway. Complete with Brandon Boyd Pirate wallpaper.

2. Wobbly Jack Skellington bobble head pen in stand.

3. My baby. Epson printer. I love it.

4. Jack Daniels drinks coaster. No idea how I aquired this, but I do believe it's from New York.

5. Comfy padded chair.

6. Camera/photography equipment and tripod nearby.

7. Picture of the gecko I made.

8. Jaffa cake character thingy toy.

9. Monkey. Always hangs around my computer somewhere but now sits atop my lockable storage box.

10. The recently renamed Jubjub, which my sister bought me for christmas.

11. Moose. From New York.

12. Scary Lady. Another New York purchase from one of the museums. Hand made in some far off country apparantly.

13. Dangly squirrel. Protector of my illustration postcards and cd roms.

14. Guiseppe. A regular around my computer; my friend bought me him from Italy, hence the name.

15. PVC horns.

16. Lamp with legs. of course. Though the bulb is broken at the moment and it's a funny little one that I can't get hold of.

17. Jack Skellington/Nightmare before Christmas toys from Japan.

18. Silly Storage heater but with the rather amusing name of Dimplex.
19. My cd's... much needed when I'm working away.

20a and b. Art materials storage. There is also loads of material stored under the desk and my fold away work table is hidden about somewhere too.

21. My business cards.

22. Disney toys. Nemo, Crush and a Toy Story alien should be on view.

23. The secret box.

24. That white thing is a clothes airer. (nowhere else to put it!)

25. Decision dice. VERY important. I have a yellow one with yes, no, maybe on... and a purple one with the options- eat lots of something, phone a friend, watch a video, surf the net, argue, and play loud music on it. Also here... you would find a scarab charm from Ru-Isu, a special funky stone I found years ago, a blue glass pig and a frog- guardian of my boom box wotsit.

:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hold on i can't see Nemo...oh no wait there he is *points at orange blob*

tis a very cool studio! :D :D

Ramzi said...

Secret box secret box what's in the secret box?!

And what's this, no slinky to be seen anywhere?

Paul said...

W0W!

Any studio I've ever been part of has never looked that spangly!
And.... you have Pixar toys, I only have a chipped mug, too many wires and lots of pens that I don't use!

Might be time to tidy up a bit! 8¬P

ktpland said...

woo-wee bit posh eh?! show it us after uve started work! :-P hehe. ill definately be watching eurovision too! watch it wiv subtitles, even funnier! ;-)

xx

Slink said...

ramzi- secrets of course ;)

:lauren: said...

DUH - what ELSE goes into a secret box?? ;)

nice paint color in there! one of these days i need a slink original, too. that way when you are famous and everyone is clawing frantically for your pieces i can laugh at all of them and selfishly hoard it and make them all jealous. muuahahaha.