Monday, October 22, 2007

Ichi, Ni, San, Go..... no stop.

So we have a one week break from our Japanese night classes this week for half term. I discovered last wednesday that my Mathematical dyslexia/brainfreeze/utter uselessness is still just as bad in other languages.

We had to do simple maths. And I mean simple... very simple; like sums involving digits under 10, or should I say Jū. This poses a second obstacle for my poor little mathematically reundant brain. Not only do I have to do basic, under pressure maths in front of a crowd of people, but I have to think of the numbers in a different language!!!? It was painful. Almost. My way of tackling it was to just take it slowly... which of course made me look like a bit of an idiot... but even then the brain freeze kicked in and I couldn't remember the word for one (ichi) which was the answer!! The shame...


Our first lesson back is going to be maths again as a review. Maths is crap. In any language.

No comments: