Thursday, January 15, 2009

Change.

So, here I am. New town. Well, it's a city actually which doesn't feel right because it's smaller than the town we just moved from. Anyhoo, yeah new location, new flat, new year. And hopefully, a new job within the next month.

I can't quite believe how quickly time has flown over the last few months. We're settled, just about. I have a new studio room with a nice big spare desk that I can work on. I'm currently undertaking a project which is my first paid commission and I'm already nervous about presenting it to the customers since it's an emotive and personal subject I'm sculpting... but I'm relishing the challenge and love that I'll be able to send out my second invoice. wooot!

I have a new website for my artwork which will hopefully integrate some of my personal commissions. Any more and I'll have to strip the Illustration bit altogether. It's not live yet though, since I haven't had proper internet access to upload all my work.

I feel positive, despite the cold, the economic gloom and it being January/February which are by far the worst months ever. Aside from October, and September.

Speaking of cold; This new flat is bloody freezing. An old, converted house with brick, uninsulated walls and single glazed windows, it's colder than an igloo. The first few nights we were here, you could actually see your hair moving in the draughts! Needless to say, after one electric blanket, numerous draught excluder tape rolls and door sausages (draught excluders) as I call them, we're coping. Just, whenever it drops below 4 degrees in the UK, think of me shivering away in my black furry slippers and five jumpers.

Good news of the day: I completed more of my sculpture and feel it's going pretty well.
Bad news of the day: I forgot my age for about 5 minutes today. I couldn't think if I was 25 already or 25 this coming birthday... sadly it was the former.

1 comment:

ktpland said...

hehe I'm like that with my age! I actually have to go onto MySpace sometimes to find out how old I actually am! Sad! Glad you're back on here! :) x