Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's About Time.

This is the first weekend that I've actually been able to kick back. Technically, there is still a GAZILLION things I could be doing house wise, but it's nice to get to a stage where I can actually relax in my own home and enjoy the space even though it's not finished.

I'm loving the fact that I have an outside space... and I'm getting excited about buying a tree for the garden when I can find one which is happy to live out of a pot. Also, I'm experimenting with a few fruit and vegetable plants in the garden- just a few to start with and we'll see what happens. So far I have planted- strawberries, potatoes, pea, peppers and tomatoes. I guess this is what happens when you turn 28 and have a house. :-)

I've had an awesome but busy few weeks and to be honest the bank holidays have done me a LOT of good. I feel replenished. It's amazing what a few days off work can do. Equally amazing how bad for your health work is!

The result of a pretty awesome April is having absolutely NO money left. I have a mere £100 to last until payday. That could be interesting. May's going to be equally busy but far less fun... though I do have two little rays of sunshine amongst the mass of training courses that work is sending me on: Derren Brown's Svengali on May 9th and Maybeshewill on May 17th. I haven't been to a gig in absolutely-ruddy-ages so I'm going to use this as a Download warm up. Speaking of which- I have about 6 weeks to get everything together and prepped for my first festival in 9 years. I still have no tent.

There is just SO much to do... it's a good job I'm such a good list writer.

No comments: