Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jersey and other things.

I just got back from a much needed break in Jersey for the weekend. It was beautiful. A bit cold and windy, but generally beautifully bright and crisp. It's a gorgeous place, lots of fusions of cultures and influences.




I took less photographs than I intended to, mainly because it was so windy and cold, but I'm pleased with the few I took. I miss photographs. I miss the thick heavy gloss paper and the smell of them straight from the developers. I know there's still no reason why I can't still pay to get them developed and put in albums... and I still do sometimes, but generally it's a shared online album- a poor subsititute despite it's far reaching range, appearing on friends computer screens the world over in a matter of minutes.

Still. I have them. And I want to start getting them published into proper photo books rather than sitting on a disk unseen. Another project for next year when I have a bit of money to spare. IF. I guess it's always IF.

I feel a bit out of sorts today. I'm in between coats of paint on the lounge chimney and so, decided to upload my Jersey photographs from my camera. I tagged an extra days holiday onto my weekdn since I was feeling so ground down at work before I left on Thursday. I feel better for going away. I always intend to chill out on my days off- but I have to do something or I get bored or worse, get bugged by this sense that I'm wasting time when there's so much else I should be doing be it round the house or garden or whatever chores need doing. I think it's the one thing about having a house I dislike the most- that vague, perfectionists-nightmare sense that there will ALWAYS be things to complete around the house... a never ending list of work to do. I also took delivery of three prints for the house yesterday so I'm chuffed to bits with those and can't wait to start hanging them... except I keep changing my mind about where they're going to go.

Lots coming up in the next month or so... couple of gigs, few friend visitis etc. I'm well aware that Christmas is sneaking up too. I look forward to the business of this time of year... I hate the dark mornings and evenings, but it's worth it for the crisp, cold, sunny days under layers of warm clothes, gloves and scarves.

No comments: