Thursday, October 06, 2011

Sickness and dog parts.

I have a five day weekend starting today.

I don't feel well. Whatever I have, I've had it on and off for a week now. Bouts of fainting, upset stomach, cramps and just generally not feeling 100%.

Still, I've taken some time today to do a bit of sculpting. I'm working on a new niche which there seems to be a demand for. Albeit for me to judge what people want sculptures of. I'm working on sculpting two dachshunds for a client. I've struggled a bit since it's my first attempt at sculpting dogs from photo's. It's harder than sculpting likenesses of people, because it's slightly harder to pick up on features, plus the photo's I've been given to work from aren't great either. I'm doing my best though. I have a feeling this client is going to be hard to please as he's a bit of a dachshund fanatic... and I'm not exaggerating when I say fanantic either. I think a whole floor to ceiling office wall of dachshund photo's is enough to warrant good use of the word fanatic. At the price I'm doing it for- it'll be a matter of getting what you're given I'm afraid.

I've set myself up in my kitchen with my Sonos, laptop (screen full of dachsunds), my sculpting tools and clay. It's dark and chucking it down with rain outside. Under these LED spotlights catching flecks of rain water on the windows as it beats against the glass, I'm listening to Bon Iver and feeling reflective. I think it's because I'm not feeling well but I'm feeling a bit teary. It's probably because the night's are drawing in now and my body's noticing the lack of light hours.

Better get back to sculpting dog bits.

No comments: