Friday, November 04, 2011

Only you can bring the colour in...


Last night I went to see Incubus for the second time. The last time I saw them was lightyears ago (when I was still a student) and they were but tiny dots on a stage which felt like a mile away (thank you NIA seat allocation system). However, this time, at the Wolverhampton Civic, it was a far more intimate affair. Mmmm intimate affair with Brandon Boyd...

... Yeah the gig was awesome. Aside from the intense heat, something which I recalled as soon as I entered the building from my 15 year old self getting crushed amongst sweaty bodies at a Muse gig, it was a perfect gig with a perfect setlist. Brandon, despite some recent trampy photos, looked every bit the god-like genius that he is and after teasing the crowd for an hour and a half finally succumbed to the heat and removed his shirt. Happy happy times.





I have another gig Monday which I can abso-bloomin-lutely not wait for: RISE AGAINST. I canNOT wait. What's more... I booked today, Monday and Tuesday off work so that work doesn't detract from the awesome-ness of these two gigs.



My current commuter journey is being enriched by the beautiful new Puscifer album- Conditions of My Parole, which just sounds incredible. It's arrival on my walkman has been perfectly timed with the evenings drawing in. I'm getting lost in the album every night on the way home from work- it's dark, moodiness echoed in the light falling throughout my hour journey home. I leave work in full light, and get home in relative dark, car headlights bouncing off the pavements and twinkling in a silent stream as Puscifer reverberates round my skull.



I am loving it.


No comments: