Monday, December 12, 2011

Dig.

My amazing Mum is back at work full time after her breast cancer operation. Just months after her diagnosis, a whirlwind has passed. I'm humbled by her bravery and strength through the trauma; at her determination to go back to work and retain that feeling of normality again we all crave now and then.

I am so proud of her.

I guess I'm feeling reflective. My weeks have become hectic, as they always do at this time of year. I'm battling the worlds most irritating cough after four weeks; I'm behind on a commission; work varies from crazy to slow but I've managed to get through the monotiny of the last few days with some serious pranks on the office down the corridoor.

I feel a need to rejuvinate. I'm hoping after Christmas things will feel clearer. I'm bogged down with alot of thoughts that perhaps I don't feel truly myself at the moment, and the feeling that I don't have enough time to do things. I feel like time's slipped away from me somehow and I want to pull back all the things that I hold dear- my friends and family, my creativity.

There's some big issues I need to address next year and I have to make a promise to myself not to bury them any longer.

No comments: