Friday, April 18, 2014

Brain Fry (day).

Well that was the longest four day week ever.  Busy as hell. Stress has taken it's toll (again) making me sick (again).  I've managed to pick up yet another cold which is wreaking yet more havoc on my lungs.  I've been unable to go to the gym, not that I've had much time anyway having been staying behind at work to make sure I get everything finished.  :(

A lot of the stress has been self induced- applying for three jobs at once and having to do three times the research/prep probably isn't the most sensible way of doing things, but you've got to jump head in sometimes.

I've got two interviews out of the three jobs I've applied for so far with one pending paper sift today.  Annoyingly, the job I really want is the one which is still being sifted, and I have two interviews in the meantime which I am now trying to prepare for. This means lots of school-type revision and reading up and the obligatory notecards! Ahh... takes me back to revising for exams.

So... It's Good Friday, and I am sat on my bed surrounded by papers detailing the finer points of NIM, 5x5x5 and a whoooole heap of policies and legislation which I don't understand properly;  But I have coloured pens and coloured note cards so with these tools I can combat the world!

I've done two wash loads, vacuumed and dusted my room and been to town to pick up some wrapping paper for my sisters birthday present today too so I am slowly ticking off my To Do list.  I have a brilliant weekend lined up- today being my chill day.  Tomorrow is my little baby sisters birthday so after a day out at Donington watching fast cars we're off out for a birthday meal for her.  Sunday we're back at Donington Park for more brilliant racing, then attending the after party in the evening! Monday will be spent doing more interview prepwork before returning to work on Tuesday to find four days worth of emails, enquiries and general crap to sort out! My first interview is Wed, with another the following Tuesday...

... EEK...

... But I am trying not to panic.  There is plenty of time, and I am a good candidate. I've just got to prove it.

Back to my note cards... though my mind keeps drifting to how I can achieve Honda themed nail polish for the racing tomorrow.  Haha!

No comments: