Sunday, October 23, 2005

Eternal Nightmare of the Sleepless Mind.

I've tried just about everything now, apart from getting completely hammered... and I still haven't slept properly. I've been back home this weekend and even the comfort of my old home bed didn't work... though I did sleep twenty minutes or so which is some sort of progress I guess. I have tried a relaxing bath full of sleepy radox bubble bath, brandy in warm milk, oh, and sleeping tablets... none of which worked. Hopefully the doctor will give me some advice this week, and some massive tranquilisers too. mmmmm tranquilisers...

So, as I said thursday night we drove back to brum. After waiting for months, on Friday night, I finally saw it.... Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride. I loved it, I really really did. The models were simply brilliant and such a progression from A Nightmare Before Christmas; they were so smooth and the movement so fluid... just brilliantly done. The colours, the textures, the scenes and scapes, characters... it was all perfect. The only gripe I had was that it was so short.

The next evening, Mum had bought us tickets to see Stomp. I've seen them before, a few years ago and they're just brilliantly entertaining. Niall hadn't seen them before and seemed suitably impressed by the energy, noise and humour of it all. It was a good night.

So even all that excitement and 'stuff' didn't send me off to sleep... nor did mom's big roast dinner this afternoon, followed by slumping in front of the sofa watching motor racing. I'm buggered. Pass me the whiskey...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had the same thing but due to me recently gaining an espresso machine so i'm now drinking intense coffee far more often, been boucing off the walls and have tried this 'exercise' thing that everyone says you really should be doing by the age of 23 so have loads of energy at the mo...how to sleep, some tasty treats of mary jane. sorted, or read my works internal newspaper...the formal is much more fun.

Anonymous said...

Correction:- how do i to sleep? some tasty treats of mary jane. sorted, or read my works internal newspaper...the former is much more fun.

Xylocaine said...

its' just a phase..it will pass.... stay away from stimulants...and a glass of alcohol won't harm....make use of the time you don't sleep....make out till you drop!

stomp is cool...sorry i missed it when they came to Leb...