Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Creative Juice... or is it an infection?

Last friday, my Great Grandma's funeral, went as well as these things can... it was all a bit surreal but kinda comforting too in an odd sort of way. Being in Nottingham made me sad that we weren't still living there, especially since we drove past our old flat and from the look of the semi-drawn curtains and messy kitchen blind... there's either students in there, or just a damn scruffy person. It should have been our flat. :-(

Anyways, I seem to be ill again. I suspect it's because I've been a tad run down for a few weeks now and I seem to have picked up something or another that's making me feel totally awful. Headaches, migraine, shakes, nausea, feeling faint, and swelling of the lymph glands (apparantly). I don't really care what it is, but I want it to go away now.

I'm getting the odd bit of interest in my artwork though, which is pretty cool news... I won't say what exactly because I don't want to jinx it, but it's nice that things are getting noticed at least. I'm keen to make things at the moment... wether it's models/illustrations/bears/cards or cookies... my creative juices are obviously flowing... I just don't have the energy to act on them.

My plan for this week includes:
  • Resting and recovering from whatever illness I have
  • Making chocolate chip stuffed cookies
  • Starting a new bear
  • Saying goodbye to my brother who leaves to return to Japan on Thursday
  • Tidying the flat for the onslaught of half of Niall's family who are coming over this weekend.

Bye for now. x

1 comment:

:lauren: said...

slink...where are you hiding??