Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Passing.

I was due to go and visit my great grandma today. She hadn't been well. My Mum and Dad took my brother to see her on Sunday since he'd been away for two years; my sister and I were going to go today. But she died last night. Peacefully, we believe.

At least my mum got to see her on Sunday.

It's very odd. I guess you could say I'm lucky enough to have not had to deal with any deaths of my immediate family; Only pets, and it sure feels different with people. Consequently I've never been to a funeral before and I'm really nervous about it. I hate seeing my mum cry and I just dont' know what to expect from it all.

I feel bad that I didn't see her. Though my last memory of her was on her birthday last year, by the river, smiling in her wheelchair.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Slink.

Happy and smiling is the best way to remember folk, especially the close ones.

Just being there and showing you feel and care should be all that is required of anyone.

Hope it all goes as nicely as these things can do, for want of better words.

ktpland said...

sorry to hear about that slink. if you need a chat you know where i am. anytime of the day/night! as flakester said, its best to have smiley memories of her.

((huge hugs))

xxx

:lauren: said...

(((((slink))))))
it is never easy to lose someone, no matter the circumstances or realtionship. i am so very sorry for your loss, my girl. you are in my thoughts... i'm here for you anytime, slink.

that's a beautiful memory to have of her...