Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

I last posted back in the old days of 2006...

I'm taking my christmas tree down later and I don't bloody want to because I've got used to it being there and I don't want a big miserable empty space. I don't like January much... it's generally pretty sucky for most people I think. Bad weather, grumpy and tired, it's like the annual hangover month. It just feels.. bluergh. I know that as soon as the tree is down, things will feel 'back to normal' again... that's the worst bit. I'm back at work, Niall is back at work, Matthew and Yumi will be flying back to Japan on Friday... and then it's the normal dredgery of daily life again.

BUT, I went to check my email this morning to find another online artist community asking for my input, so I'm taking that as a sign that I really need to keep pushing my illustration work this year. Start as you mean to go on and all that...

Sooo, christmas... yeah it was good. I don't want to use the word nice... but it was. It was cosy enough, as christmas should be, and I was kept pretty busy all through. I think I've beaten the record for the most amount of christmas/roast dinners in a week... I think we must have had about four in a row! Great though... you can't beat a roast dinner. The annual traditional christmas eve pub gathering was carried out in the usual fashion, though I didn't get drunk this time. New years eve was also a quiet one; choosing to spend it round my mums rather than at a friends house party, where last year I got VERY VERY ill.

Highlights of the holiday include:
  • Giving out the cool pressies I got everyone.
  • My array of pressies, santa did good this year :-)
  • Having a quiet New Years Eve round the folks house avoiding vast money spending, drunkenness, illness and getting soaked in the rain.
  • Spending a first christmas in my own place
  • Matthew and Yumi announcing their engagement!
  • Not having to work with BossBitch

Yep my bro is getting married... not sure how he's managed to convince the poor girl, but Yumi is great and I'm looking forward to having a sister in law! The wedding will be in Japan next year, so we're looking into trying to scrimp and save to afford the flights over there. All very exciting!

Right, I have things to do this year: I have to make sure my portfolio's are up to date and looking spanking good. I need to keep pushing my work and improving. I need to keep trying to be positive and like me. Annnd, I need to take more photographs. Those are my resolutions. Happy New Year readers.

Only another 356 days til christmas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, random point for you but... it's cheaper to fly to Japan if you get a flight to Australia that goes via Japan and just stop there instead of going all the way to Oz... saw it on holiday on a shoestring. Not sure how exactly you work out getting back from there but it's worth finding out about anyway ^_^ Congrats to your bro.
- Lou