Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Crippled.

I'm a cripple this week. I managed to break my neck... by... well, sleeping as far as I can gather. Well, maybe it's not broken... but it bloody hurts and I've been unable to move it for two days solid. It's amazing how many muscles we use without realising. It's only when you're in intense agony that you realise even the slightest sneeze or twitch uses half the muscles in your neck. I have work tomorrow as well so I hope it's loosened up by then. I do have of course, full sympathy from Niall... who upon witnessing my physical state of cripple-dom ( propped up by two pillows, scarf wrapped tightly roung my neck in bright sunlight, and a travel-neck-support pillow around my head and unable to move) did the obvious thing... and burst out laughing. I got my own back later though when I heard the use of a new acronym on the news.

We've all heard of:

YUPPIE- Young Urban Professional
YUMMIES- Young Upwardly Mobile Mommies
DINKY- Double Income No Kids Yet.

but I hadn't heard of this little gem:

Northern Irish Professional Person Living in England.

That's right... Niall is a NIPPLE.

I laughed SO hard it probably destroyed what little flexibility I still had in my neck... but it was worth it.

1 comment:

ktpland said...

haha that made me laugh so much! both at the image of you wrapped up like that (sorry im harsh i know!! :S) and the fact that niall is a nipple!! hehe. hope your well. miss ya! xxx