Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oscar.

A few weeks ago, our family cat Oscar died. 

Although he'd reached an age of about 13-16 years old (being a rescue cat we were always uncertain of his exact age), he seemed young at heart and in spirit.  Within the space of a short week his health deteriorated and my sister, V and I had to take the decision to have him put to sleep.  He was in pain and had been struggling to breathe properly for a few days and the two of us took the vets advice and had him put down.  We travelled to the vets and I held him and said my goodbyes whie the vet delivered his injenction. 

I still miss him.  The house feels incomplete, and our remaining cat Pheobe is still a very much lost without him.  She's become very needy and clingy since Oscar died, which could be a sign of stress or maybe even grief. 

V and I have decided to purchase a small engraved stone for the back garden.  Oscar loved sitting in the shade on a nice sunny day. 
 

 
 
We miss you.
xx

No comments: