Wednesday, September 26, 2012

PUNK-ture!

Franko had a puncture on Friday. It was a slow puncture and after having to call out the AA to fit the teeeeeney spare wheel I didn't even know I had- it became clear just what had caused it; a great big nail in Frankos tyre. Poor little Franko looked terribly pathetic with his tiny little spare wheel. It reminded me of Nemo's lucky fin.


Having no car, and being on a training course in Birmingham this week meant resorting to my old mode of commuting- Train! I've missed the train.  I miss being able to read, people watch and listen to my own little soundtrack.  I even miss my walks to and from the station even though I haven't missed the soaking wet clothes from walking in the rain.  Having said that, I've also had to get a bus the last two days and I have to say it's one of the most DIRE experiences now, getting a bus.  FULL of smelly, wierdo's and irritating children.  The seats are dirty and damp, and there's ALWAYS an obligatory empty bottle or drinks can rolling around on the floor up and down the bus which no one wants to touch in case they get infected with disease.  VILE.

After waiting for three days to get his special size tyre delivered (at a cost of £100!?!) I've finally got him back on the road.  I bought him a lovely new cherry air freshener, a boot bag, and a nice car cover for the winter to protect him from the frost and snow, all for being good at the garage while he got fixed.  :)

Welcome back Franko!!!


 

No comments: