Saturday, September 29, 2012

P@ssw0rd5 R@nT

If I have to remember another password I actually think I'll suffer some sort of hemorrhage.  And all that will come out will be random numbers and letters.

I now have passwords to just about every area of my life now- business, pleasure, ANYTHING. 

Bank - MY money!
Phone accounts
Facebook - friends
Twitter
itunes- music
Shopping accounts online
My website! My art is passworded?!?
Work - getting on for about 26 systems, door codes or passworded accounts now.

Next my friends are going to be passworded.

IMPORTANT information is being lost out of my brain on a DAILY basis by having to remember all these ridiculous passwords. 

They're not even words anymore either- they have to have numbers in awkward places or they can't actually be an english word at all!!!! And THEN. THEN you have to re-bloody-create them after 30 days!!!!! I have to write them down. But you forget where you wrote them, or forget to update them when you ultimately have to reset your password that one time you lose your list of passwords.  I even have a remember password thing on my computer, but I sometimes forget the password for that... YES, you read that right, I have a PASSWORDED password rememberer service.  Oh. My. God.  It's like one of the circles of hell.

It's becoming impossible. One day I swear I'll forget my own name and instead have to replace it with a highly secure password made up of between 8 and 10 alphanumerical chraracters ensuring at least 3 numbers equidistant from the start and end of the chosen strand, replaced every thirty days with a password NOT previously used in the past five months!!

If I ever become a multi millionaire I will employ someone full time to remember ALL my passwords.

Rant over.



No comments: