Friday, June 16, 2006

No Name.

Highlights of this week include:

  • Seeing ktp, rfa, jonjon and dave in uni-ville for ktp's degree show.
  • Getting overtime for the next two weeks- not good in itself, but the money will be much needed.
  • Seeing the worlds ugliest baby in a pram at work. I can still see it's face at night... the hair, the bulging eyes...
  • Vacuuming the house, cleaning the fish tank, tidying/cleaning the kitchen- including disinfecting the basin and bin AND cleaning the inside of the microwave (holy.crap.horrible) washing and drying a weeks worth of pots ... all in the space of one and a half hours.
  • Getting a message saying there had been some interest in one of my illustrations that I submited to an arts festival.
  • Niall buying me a book on how to make bears. :-)
  • The weather cooling down a tad so that it's just right.

Lowlights of this week:

  • Money being VEEEERY tight and not getting paid for another two weeks.
  • Our local chippy not selling gravy. Lame.
  • Seeing football everywhere, or worse still- ugly, fat, drunk, semi-naked, sunburnt football fans acting like twats.

In other news, I have finally put up my photo's from our mini-break on my photoblog. Check sets Stratford, Warwick and Cotswolds. I've been getting a few comments about them too which is cool.

I'm also half way through my sea life project/self promo work. I've so far made an octopus, seahorse and starfish, and am in the process of painting the sea turtle model. I still need to buy a few more bits and bobs for backgrounds and scenery, and also plan how the hell I'm going to make a jellyfish, but I'm up for the challenge.

2 comments:

Pubis said...

Yay me, I made a good list! Makes a change! :P

Paul said...

No 1, That's a lot of washing up!

No 2, No gravy?? Where I come from, that would earn them some harsh words, if not a firm beating.

And good luck on the art interest Slink.