Saturday, October 21, 2006

Alive and (not) Well

Yup. I'm sick! Yey

My throat feels like I've swallowed a cheese grater and I've been feeling sick for the last three days due to the many pints of mucus I've swallowed.

I can't even talk today. I'm having to communicate by writing in a mini jotter pad which proved quite awkward when I had a very painful laughing fit earlier.

Anyways, we got back from the Peak District yesterday. It didn't rain nearly as much as I thought it would, though one day was really scarily foggy, but I guess that's to be expected up in the hills. I took lots of photographs which will be making their way on to my photoblog as soon as I get round to it. All in all it was a really great trip; we went down caverns, up hills, walked alongside rivers, I even dangled about a hundred and fifty foot in the air in a cable car with my eyes shut, gripping Niall's jumper so hard it made my hand ache and almost very nearly in tears... but I did it... TWICE! Looking back, I'm not too sure why I put myself through it, but you know what they say about doing something every day that scares you and all. At the end of a long day we either curled up in front of the log fire, or relaxed in the hot tub under the stars.

I think my next round of chicken soup is ready.

Another point of note before I go... I owe my blog a belated birthday announcment. On October the 10th, my blog reached the grand old age of 2 years old.

Many Belated Happy Returns To My Blog!

Presents can be donated to me on behalf of my blog if you so wish, and currently I am in need of a new throat, voice box, cough syrup, vicks vaporub and more chicken soup.

taraa for now. xx

1 comment:

:lauren: said...

:( oh girl.... it sucks to be sick. im just getting over the cheese grater throat excess mucus virus myself. it exhausted me... i was sleeping for ridiculous amounts of time. take it easy, slink, and i hope it passes quickly for you. ((((squish))))