Tuesday, October 10, 2006

boooooooooooo...

I'm starting to hate work. I lasted a good eight months without hating it... but I can feel it starting to creep in now. There's been a few staff changes, and we have a new manager now too, so the whole dynamic has changed. I just don't like it and I'm starting to feel like a slave, which for shit pay... is, quite frankly, shit.

I may have to start looking around for other work if nothing changes soon.

I'm going to get stuck in to some illustration projects soon, possibly holiday orientated. You HAVE to vote for me to see if I can weasle onto the front page of the online creative arts festival NOISE. *click me* to vote. It's good enough that I earnt a place in the online galleries so I'm pleased. I'm also awaiting my work being featured in the launch of an online magazine which I'm pretty excited about. It's nothing huge, but it's nice to know that my work is getting noticed, and the exposure is always welcome. I'm also waiting to see the printed artwork for The Picture Show's new EP that I did for them ages ago, so illustration wise things are good. Unpaid, but good.

I have ONE more day of work before I have a...

TWO WEEEEEK HOLIDAAYYYY!!!

... not that I'm overly excited about that or anything.

We're off to the peak district for four nights. We're staying on top of a big hill in an apartment with a hot tub and a cool little log fire... should be really good. The weather will probably suck but it'll still be nice to be in a different environment. I can't wait to just chill out somewhere and take lots of photographs.

Plans for the next two days off work are as follows: (in no particular order)
  • Bake cookies
  • Update all my business paperwork with new addresses (boooo boring)
  • Update website
  • Avoid fiddling with myspace
  • Plan/Create an email advertisment for self promotion
  • Plan/Create projects for Halloween/Xmas or New Year
  • Cook a nice meal for Niall... or merely an edible meal would suffice
  • Kick our letting agents ass over not getting our washing machine fixed

No comments: