Saturday, May 07, 2011

Re-Awaken.

I'm re-discovering music and loving it.

For a couple of years actually if I'm honest, I've been completely uninspired by musical offerings. I think this is partly due to the fact I gave up looking... but I think one lead to the other. Now though, I've started to re-discover my love for it. I've been buying more of it... and I've also invested in a bloody decent system to actually combine my computer collection with a really good speaker which I can listen to throughout the whole house. I love my Sonos. It sounds beefy, rounded, pure and honest to the music. It makes me want to listen to every song I own again... all the ones I've been listening to on (decent but unworthy) little computer speakers for the last six years... and hear it all as if new.

Along with that, as if by magic, I'm finding new bands I like. There seems to be new green shoots of new sounds coming through the drought-ridden undergrowth of music. I've recently discovered an amazing band called Maybeshewill who have blown me away. I've bought their last two albums and loved their awesome soundscapes so much I've pre-ordered their new album released at the end of the month AND I'm going to see them play at the O2 Academy next week. I haven't been to a gig (other than small local/friends bands) in SO SO long and I can't wait to experience that again. It's going to be a warm up to Download which is creeping ever closer.

My blood is buzzing with new music right now and I feel really pumped up by it. It gives me energy, fills me with memories and awe.

It's like I'm breathing in creativity again... and that makes me feel good.

No comments: