Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Svengali.

So I went to see Derren Brown's new show Svengali last night. I'm a huge fan of the guy but I have to say last night he wasn't on his usual top form. The show was dogged with technical issues which really interrupted the flow of the evening, a few of the people on stage were wierd (but I guess you can't help that) and all in all I wound up feeling that Derren would have been a bit gutted about the whole show. You could tell he wasn't happy with it at the end when he took his bow... too many glitches just marred the performance and I think if I hadn't seen the amazing Enigma last year and known just how brilliant his shows can be, I think I'd have left ever so slightly disappointed if Svengali had been my first. I won't go into the content of the show because, as always, we're asked to keep it a secret but I really hope that the rest of the shows here over the next week or so run much smoother for him because I know just how amazing he can be.

Chin up Derren and better luck next time!

No comments: