Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Jelly.

Just back from my first visit to see Mum in the HDU. Her Op took longer than expected due to complications which is going to have an impact on recovery but hopefully things are going okay for the time being.

She looks so uncomfortable, swollen, sore. There's alot of wires and beeping equipment. There's just a single bed in a big, light room. And there's my Mum in the middle of it all, in a lot of pain... and I can't do anything to help.

She's going to be in longer than expected. In all probability she'll still be in hospital for her birthday which is rubbish. Hopefully we can make up for it with lots of balloons when she comes out.

I fed her mushroom soup. Vic fed her jelly for afters.

She's in the best possible place; her doctor and nurses all seem nice and they're keeping avery close eye on her... and I know no matter what happens she'll get through it... all that rational bullshit that you get told over and over... but ultimately, my Mum is in pain and I can't do anything to help and that pretty much sucks.

1 comment:

ktpland said...

thinking of you all heaps. she's so lucky to have such a fab family that's there for her & that'll help her as well. stay strong chuck. x