Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wanting.

I'm having another "want" phase. Consumerist greed and shallow hearted wanting of "stuff".

It shamelessly, selfishly and pathetically manifests itself in me every now and then and I just want want want. Funnily enough it usually coincides with me feeling anxious, insecure or poor.

I have found my perfect wallpaper. But it is horrifically expensive. But it is perfect. But it's more than I would ever ever EVER have considered paying for wallpaper before I had a house. But it is perfect. It's like my soul on wallpaper. I want it.

I had this great idea for displaying my favorite LP's around the house which I have steadily been gathering over the last month. Yet I've stumbled on an issue with the actual frames... that issue being that to frame all the buggers it's going to cost me £250. But they will look awesome. I want them.

I have also found some perfect prints and artwork that I need to have on my walls. Rather than have inane, pointless artwork from IKEA I wanted my walls decorated with things that mean stuff to me. I want artwork that I love around me. Things like this are so important to me. To fund this sort of important love though... will cost me in the region of a further £300.

I bought new jeans today because they made my bum look good.

I also want new shoes. But then I always kinda want new shoes.

I've also been planning landscaping the courtyard patio area, despite knowing I will never in a million years be able to afford this. Not ever. But I want a Ships Wheel for it nonetheless.

I'm off to try and paint my kitchen and hope that the fumes will kill off this greed.

1 comment:

Markuuus said...

Its not greed, its your home. It should always be a place that is an extension of yourself and a place where you can be you in a sense. Sadly everything costs money, but can being happy really have a price tag? That's for you to figure out....