Monday, May 06, 2013

General Waste.

HAHA!

I just realised- my dear friend Miss P included me in a top 5 blog list a few days ago so anyone directed to my blog from her wonderful link would have been confronted by my Fuck You- From a Blonde post.  Probably not the best first impression! :-D

What news what news I hear you ask...

Well, I have been working hard both at work and in the gym.  My little muscle is coming along nicely- I even went up a free weight size last night so even though it's still tiny weights, it's all progress in the right direction.  I am still enjoying it and want to see a bit more of an improvement in my general cardio strength and fitness before I start running.  My legs are already feeling much stronger, though I've not managed to find a combat class at a suitable time to join yet but this is hopefully going to be my next thing.  :-)

My car naming skills have reached new heights- I am now getting requests for my naming abilities by the fabulous Miss P herself!!!  I'm starting to feel like one of those spiritual guides who can read cars...!

Speaking of cars- I have a confession.  The long and short of it is that I spent £200 on car products. :-S ... I know what you're thinking... Nutbag.  Yeah that's what I thought too. 
So as you know my little Franko is matt black, this makes him both awesome and a great big freaking pain in the arse to clean, but mostly awesome.   I have to buy a special shampoo for matt black paint which costs £30 a bottle from a rather lovely little company called Swissvax.  Well, I decided to buy some new shampoo and some wax from them as they're the only company who care enough for my little Franko's sensitive skin.. I mean.. paint.  SOOO, I ended up buying shampoo, wax, some new cloths which looked rather nice... and then some pre-cleaner for the wax, and the cloths that went with it, and some wax pads.  And before I knew it... it was £203 right there in the cyber basket! A lot I know... but I won't have to buy much more for him for a looong time, and he WILL look fabulous for it.  And it's an investment, looking after his paintwork which will hopefully sell him in the future if it's looked after properly... sounds a good enough excuse anyway! I'll let you know how I get on with the wax when I pluck up the courage to use it.  I might just add that this wax smells freakin AMAZING.  I want to eat it.  Not only will Franko look amazing, he will smell amazing too. Yeah baby.

I've spent the last two weekends working on a small cake topper commission.  It's been a welcome return to doing something creative.  I've also managed to pick up a new wedding cake commission from work which I've got booked in to start at the end of June.  Can't wait!

I have mostly been listening to Skrillex this week and eating Jaffa Cakes. 

Good news also - I have sourced THREE more tubs of my mint ice cream.  WOOT! Spring can now commence.

2 comments:

ktpland said...

I can't wait for Franko & Carlton to be friends! :-P
I loved your comment at the start of your blog, I thought about your 'Blonde' post being the first people would see, then I thought 'ah, they'll get to know the real slink pretty quickly,' ;-) x

Slink said...

HAHA! Well you know me- there's no messing, what you see is what you get! :-P Franko says hi to his new friend Carlton!
xx