Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daan Saaarf.

I need a new job.

The office politics is tiring and adds to the weight of busy days.

HOWEVER.  I don't want another angsty post about crappy people.  I want to interject the gloom with happier stuff!

The weekend before last was Valentines Day. I have to say I found it particularly hard this year for reasons unknown to me.  I guess it's because I have been feeling lonely... and this is emphasized by the commercial shite that is rammed down people's throats at this time of year.  When I arrived home from drinks with a fellow singleton where we stole roses out the toilets of Bacchus Bar, I got home to a Red Rose and chocolates. :-)

The following day, I went to London to stay with B and her boyfriend E.  After a quick bite to eat for lunch in a lovely little London pub, B took me to this awesome museum she'd found, called The Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons which housed a collection of pathology and anatomy specimens in jars.  I could have easily spent longer in there as there was just shelf after shelf of weird, crazy specimens from human embryos to spinal chords, to deformed skeletons and diseased body parts.  It was fascinating. It made me wish I'd stuck with the only science I loved at school which was biology. We spent a few hours looking at all the specimens in awe, then went to get food at Nando's.  The evening was spent putting up our achey feet and watching films in E's absolutely amazing flat in Canary Wharf with some stunning views across the river.


The following day we took a walk down the river to Grenwich and spent the morning walking round the park, feeding squirrels and strolling along with all the people who were grateful for a bit of sunshine at long last. 
It was only a short stay, but it was so nice to spend it away from Brum and with one of my best mates and her lovely chap.  To top it off, thanks to flooding I was able to use my cheapo Chiltern tickets on Virgin Trains so I got a quicker journey there and back on a nicer train for peanuts! Bonus! :-D

No comments: