Tuesday, July 26, 2005

?

I start work tomorrow. I don't want to go. There's this 'girl' there, the type that just makes me feel crap about myself. I don't think she likes me much and I don't like her either even though we've never spoken. Girls are wierd.

I've set about making up my logo which I've turned into loads of cool stickers.


I've also done my personalised commison form, invoice, and letterhead ready for copying as and when required. I'm getting quite pyched about setting myself up as an Illustrator, though I know the real test will come when I've spent a shed load (one of those expensive sheds mind, with windows and everything) on self promotion and had no offers... but we'll see. There's still a mountain to do: creating an address database, portfolio surgery appointment, possble funding to look into, sorting out my portfolio, making up a cd version, putting together a mass mail out package, designing a website and all the crappy boring legal/money stuff.

My current main concerns are getting my website and CD portfolio sorted. The guy who was going to sort my website has gone and buggered off to South East Asia the bugger, all my dreamweaver software is on MY pooter which is still stored in the garage, oh and then there's the fact that I have NO idea what I'm doing. And don't get me started on the flippin CDROM portfolio... I've found a willing printer/replicator/duplicator who gave me a discount because I kissed ass about how good their website was... but before that I need an auto-running Cd Rom presentation that can work on Macs and Pc's... also known as "CERTAIN DEATH unless you have a million pounds worth of software and hardware". I just don't have the money for it.

It'll get sorted. It's just a pain in the ass knowing that I won't get anywhere without plugging every penny I have into this. And you really can't get very far with 2p these days.

We're off on holiday on Saturday, so I'll be pretty much schtum for two weeks... hoping to spend the time relaxing and taking lots of pictures though.

xx

5 comments:

ktpland said...

have a good hol chuck! ill give you a call when im back (less than a week now! ARGH!) and we can catch up!

xxxxx

Paul said...

Wild.

Now that is aprettyprettycool logo!
And there was me thinking that the Sea Bass was a good logo ;)

There is no such thing as piracy...... just extended trial periods!

:lauren: said...

girls suck. dont let her make you feel bad! i'll fly over there just to kick her skank ass right in the face. twice.

and you think i'm kidding right now, don't you?

((((((my slink)))))))

Saki said...

Slink! I've been on pins and needles for a week! Tell us about your first day of work as a graduate :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Slink, I'm back from SE Asia now (have a gander at the photos me site) so any website malarkey you need just get in touch...hope work gets better! Take it easy hun, rightpalava