Thursday, July 21, 2005

Slink. BA

That's my name now... Officially: Slink BA (Bachelor of Arts). Tuesday was my graduation ceremony, and about two days ago I probably had all this stuff I wanted to say about it but now I can't seem to think of anything. It was relativly pleasant, I felt quite proud and my new shoes hurt the crap out of me... so pretty much what I expected. I didn't think my Dad was going to make it at first as he's managed to do his back in and could hardly walk... but he struggled through the ceremony. I'm dreading getting the official photo's back, I was grinning like a loon, bloody photographers.


The only exciting thing to happen since then is a trip to the Sealife centre yesterday. Man, I am such a big kid when it comes to zoo's and aquarium's... I just love them... I took my digi-SLR along too, see what it could do and got a few decent images, but not many.


Oh yeah... I managed to read Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince in two days. Godamit I was in shock for about a day afterwards... how? why would you..? There's still some people I know who refuse down-right to read these books... which if you ask me, is just lame. Their excuses being one of the following:

a). "They're KIDS books!" .... er yeah but they're probably more mature than that shitty american teen-flick you're watching.

b). "I just don't get what the fuss is about" ... read them then.

c). "It's Black Magic and all that read it will go to hell" .... bye.

I really couldn't tell anyone what it is about them; I've often wondered but I can't put my finger on it. They're just good. I feel sorry for any kids trying to understand them and work them out because to my little brain they're actually pretty complicated (someone back me up here... please!).

There's some decent films coming out VERY soon, so it's all good for the moment. There's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, Wallace and Grommit and The Curse of The Weir Rabbit.... godamit it'll be ace... then later in the year is the climax- The Corpse Bride. Can't. Wait.

9 comments:

ktpland said...

congratulations miss!

u all look very grown up in the photo! cant believe uve graduated!

im planning on reading harry potter when im back in bangalore next week! yaya! should be good! i cant wait!

xxxx

Lulu said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh I want to read harry potter and the half blood prince waaaaaaahhhhhwaaaaaaaaahh sniffle. >_< is it good?

Slink said...

It's not the best one out of the books... but it's a bit shocking at the end... be armed with tissues! ;)

Paul said...

A Chinese friend of mine taught me how to say "Harry Potter" in Cantonese a while back...... are you ready for this...??

"Haalay Pottaah" (Rough phonetics).

I kid you not. Ask a Chinese friend if you have one. And no, I'm not mocking other races.

Well done on the BA Slink!!

Slink said...

Note: sook = quote 1

Ramzi said...

Congratulations Slink BA!

I've never read any Harry books, but that's mainly because I suck at imagination, and I can't figure out what all those creatures would look like

elChrizzo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elChrizzo said...

Congrats! Now on to worldfame!! I've got the Harry Potter book waiting for me, but I didn't have the time to start reading yet. Aquariums and zoo's rock! I spend a day in one a week ago as well; otters, turtles and other cool animals. I want to see The Chocolate Factory too; I like Tim Burton's movies, and the combi with Johnny Depp worked well on sleepy hollow, so I'm curious....

Slink said...

aah there is NO better combination... Johnny Depp and the genius that is Tim Burton... mix it in with some chocolate and you've got my idea of heaven! :)