Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Brain Hurts.

I had a migraine yesterday. It felt like my skull was being cracked open; I got really confused and everything hurt- sounds, lights all made it worse. I could feel all the blood vessels in/around my brain throbbing and if this makes any sense I could hear them too. To be honest I wasn't surprised. I had a bout of migraines when I was putting up my degree show so I think they relate to me being a complete stresshead. Annoyingly the lady who lives upstairs (who I have a number of suspicions about but will go into that another time) can't seem to walk around without stomping. She opens and closes drawers and cupboards about a million times a day and I'm pretty sure she moves furniture around at least once a day. Having lived in halls and shared housing I'm kinda used to it... but yesterday, with my migraine, it actually felt like she was walking around ON my head; opening and slamming doors IN my head. Talk about heightened senses... It must SUCK to be a dog or a cat. Imagine smelling EVERYTHING. I have pretty damn good hearing and sense of smell... but I would HATE to smell and hear absolutely everything. How do they ever get to sleep?

I've been thinking about going home; just to recuperate a little. I've been getting down here and I'm finding less and less to do now I've got my self promo packs finished. They can't be sent out until my websties finished so I'm having to bide my time. I still haven't found a job and no one has even got back to me for interview, so I end up sitting around thinking; which is never a good thing. I'm still settling, and it's a big change so I know it'll take time... it's just hard. I'm trying to set myself a few mini projects to do. It'll be good practise to get back into illustrating and making models again. Any ideas much appreciated.

I'll leave you with this picture: Mr Depp, leather, messy hair... we'll overlook the scissors... mmm.


yummy.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Not sure what to say about the Deppmeister, he was bloody good in Fear and Loathing tho!
Yeah, headaches suck. Could be worse tho Slink - you could be an Alsatian with a migraine, in a ships engine, surrounded by flatulent munters.

:lauren: said...

puke....i hate headaches. :( im so sorry, slink.

hang in there, girl... the right job is going to come along for you. keep in mind, too, that only you can know what the right decision is as far as your happiness goes. trust yourself.

i love you. :)