Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Square One.

I had an interview today but it didn't go well. The job entailed me working saturdays which kinda defeats the point of me living here to be with Niall. When it seemes I wasn't too enthusiastic about Saturday work the interviewer lost interest; up until then I think I stood a good chance. So back to the drawing board.

I have however, bought myself a new watch since my beloved old one was clinging on by tiny strips of leather strap. I can't bare to throw it away though because it's been apart of my arm for years now. My new watch kicks ass though... I'm pleased with it. The flames move and everything! :)


I managed to finish that mini-project last week. Seeing as it was fresh in my mind, I did an illustration for an article about migraine and here's the result:


I think it sums up the feeling quite well... and I just love making brains out of clay and sticking screws in them. woohoo. Took me right back to college.

4 comments:

:lauren: said...

so sorry about your interview, sweetie. working on saturdays? um....how about NO. bleh. (((((hugs))))) a good job is going to come along for you - dont get discouraged! i think its an awesome sign that you had this interview today. :)

wicked illustration, girl...wow...

love you SO much....

Saki said...

"and I just love mmaking brains out of clay and then sticking screws in them"

One of my favorite pasttimes as well :)

Awesome illustration though. Absolutely love it.

and Saturdays? Please. Who did that interviewer think he is?

Paul said...

If I went for an interview, and they asked me to work Saturdays, I'd be all like.... "POKE IT".

As it happens, I work most Saturdays anyhoo, but it's different for me, I'm 'special'!!
That's what my Ma tells folk! 8¬P

Any chance of some really big photos of your migraine illustration (which rocks!) from your über-camera? Perleeeese.

Keep on keeping on Slink.

Slink said...

hehe yeah I think I have the original file which is pretty big... I'll get on it when I'm back home-for now I'm living it up in Brum for a few days. Well sort of. x