Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Slump

I've been reconnected. Though I feel distanced from just about EVERYTHING.

I'm now living in Notty with Niall, though he's obviously started his new job and he's gone all day. I've applied for one job so far, which would be ideal to gain some sort of income while I'm setting up freelance but I've heard nothing back from them. It's frustrating. I just need a little part time job to keep me occupied and get some income. It's getting me down. I'm trying to avoid applying to places that'll really piss me off just yet, though it's starting to look inevitable that I'll be applying to work in ASDA pretty soon. Oh god.

Things are progressing, albeit slowly, with my illustration mail out. I have the packs almost ready to send out to clients and agents so once they're out... it'll be a matter of waiting. And more waiting.

I can't seem to find my identity now I'm in the big wide world, unprotected by the education hierarchy. I was a student. I was an art student. I was Slink, the illustration student. Now I'm nothing really... just unemployed, trying to be self employed, and no one's really noticing just yet.

We do have spongebob in our kitchen window though.

Slump indeed.

6 comments:

elChrizzo said...

what about being a "talented illustrator on the brink of being discovered" balancing her time between creative development and earning one's daily bread?

I have had it with educational hierarchy, there is always a bunch of rules telling what to do and when, it totally sucks!

Oh and welcome back...

Paul said...

You are still Slink. Slink The Omnipotent. You'll be fine.
I reckon Elchrizzo just about hit the nail on the head. I normally hit nails squarely on the thumb, so I'll leave it there!!
And a second "Welcome back"!

8¬D

ktpland said...

come on! chin up chuck! you're so talented and you know that and your work shows that! its all a matter of time i know and you'll get there, or ill eat my hat (you know the one with the big pompoms?!?!) hehe! take care and i think its time that we had a good old catch up soon in notty. miss ya, ill be back next week (in londond and france this week) and will be in touch. see you soon hopefully!

big hugs!
xxxx

Ramzi said...

Awww chin up Slinks!
Your journey has only just begun, revel in the uncertainty, for it is also the time when anything is possible.

Slink said...

aw you guys... you're all right of course. I WILL be an illustrator, I know that, I'm good at it and I'll keep trying through the knockbacks. I just need to get out the slump. Thanks people... voices of reason and inspiration. :)

Lulu said...

I agree, Education sucks... people telling you what to do, playing mind games, not appreciating what you do... you're just finding your feet that's all. Idea for ya - get a job in a video shop! It pays as well as Asda but people are much nicer to you and it's actually interesting!