Thursday, April 04, 2013

Little Muscles.

Yesterday I went for my first proper gym session.  I didn't want to over do it so I took things relatively gently for my first evening, especially considering I've barely done any exercise for nearly a year!

I started with 15 minutes on the exercise bike covering a steadily paced 6km.  I then got introduced to some of the weights machines and did some work on arms and shoulders, but it was mainly walking round testing out different machines.  I managed a measly 25 sit-ups after using the stomach crunchy machine which BURNED... and then I went back to some cycling for 20 minutes this time working lower legs instead of upper.  I finished up with some triceps work but my right shoulder started to really hurt as it's extremely weak.  I also got very hungry very quickly and with my history of dodgy blood sugar issues and fainting bouts, I decided I should go and rehydrate.  I was craving bread/crackers and ice cream so I had some when I got back.  Probably not the best thing to do after a work out but what my body wants- it gets!

I feel good about it.  It's going to be good for me. :-)

1 comment:

Markuuus said...

Good luck to you slink, you took the hardest step and got to the gym. :)