Monday, April 15, 2013

The Pits.

 

Or should that have read- Stirling Moss proves he's an outdated, old bigot. ?  I might point out that he never won a championship also. 
 
His reasoning is flawed, flimsy and quite frankly comes from an era long gone- one that no longer exists and it's quite sad to hear that he is still living in decades past. 
 
This follows a good documentary aired by the BBC on Sunday, made my David Stoddard about his sister Susie Wolffe and her rise to test driver for the Williams F1 team.  She's a remarkable young woman- I remember seeing her race in lower formulas many years ago and have been pleased to see her success through the formulas, competing in DTM for a number of years before moving to her new testing role in F1 in 2012.  I hope she makes it; I hope she proves Sterling Moss wrong- as she's already surpassed him in sheer determination in a still widely sexist, male dominated motor racing world where grid girls are still seen as compulsory at family orientated events and serious female racing contenders are expected to race in the occasional pink car as a pathetic attempt at a publicity stunt.
 
I hope she, or another female competitor races in Formula One in my lifetime- I will be right behind her all the way.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: