Thursday, April 04, 2013

Little Voice.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with being under rated at work. 

Yes I'm a female.  Yes I'm 30.  Yes I'm a staff member rather than an Officer- but I work damn hard with efficiency and diligence and I'm getting annoyed at my considered ideas being ignored or credited by someone else.  It's not even that I haven't spoken out and suggested things; I've done so for them to be overlooked, then had to sit back and watch it all go wrong only for someone else to suggest MY idea a month down the line and claim the credit!

I have a sound understanding of the systems I use, the processes needed to make things efficient and I'm not afraid to sound ideas and push for things to be done differently to benefit the department and support it's work- however, without the respect from my colleagues, this is often falling on deaf ears.

I'm frustrated- but I'm channelling this into something constructive.  It's making me hungry for greater responsibility, the power to actually make decisions and implement change. 

No comments: