Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Eraser.

Slate wiped clean.

A clear out is always good for the soul. 

I'm sentimental- and as such I hang on to little things that mean a lot to me.  I had a clear out of messages, little images and drawings from people who are no longer in my life.  The last few months have taught me a lot about who are friends and who are mere acquantainces.  I no longer need attachments to acquantainces, particularly those who so easily forget me and don't even so much as send a card for my 30th.  I hang on to too many things, both good and bad.  My phone was full of photos, little drawings and things that once made me smile- yet they meant less to the sender than they did to me, and there's little point hanging on to those things when the sender is long gone. 

I feel better for it.  I feel stronger.  Knowledge, even the harshest lessons, are always worthwhile. 

I'm ready and smiling again.

No comments: