Friday, June 14, 2013

Four Long Days.

Four days I have been off work.  Four. 

That's a lot of hours.

I've watched a LOT of crap TV in that time.  I've also watched two DVD's as stated in my last post, Re-watched The Hobbit yesterday and I watched the entire first series of Dinnerladies today.

This is my second viewing of The Hobbit.  I fell asleep.  It's just too long.  I WANT to like it.  And mostly, it's got a warm familiar air about it which I would expect from re-creating the same world that we were exposed to many years ago with The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. However, as much as I want to, I can't get enthusiastic about it.  I'm still not happy with some of the Dwarves looking like Men, with others looking like Dwarves, as if they didn't want to make them ALL ugly so they thought they'd have two or three fairly good looking ones- which begs the question, Why? And then, of course, it's just sooo padded out.  Overly long scenes and too many near scrapes.  I find some of the landscapes too heavy on effects which doesn't make it feel as "real" as LOTR did.  I'm gutted, because I half thought I might appreciate it more the second time round, and despite being ill- I didn't expect to fall asleep near the end. 

I was hoping to go and see Man of Steel at the cinema this weekend, but with me being unwell I might have to wait. 

Bums. :-(

No comments: