Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sick Note.

I went to the doctors again yesterday and have been signed off work for two more weeks.  He was pretty thorough doing lots of balance tests and moving my head about etc. Sadly he did say some people recover within days, others within about 6 weeks. I'll be happy, on this occasion, of being joyously average and falling in the midst of that recovery range. 

I feel a bit like a fraud because if I sit still for most of the day I feel okay, and would probably be perfectly able to do my job.  Being in a car still feels like being on a roller coaster and generally my mornings are spent waiting for my head to stop spinning but my ear feels less blocked and it wasn't as painful when the doctor put his little ear-telescope-thing into it.  Loud noises tend to make me feel queasy too at the moment, so I guess the office could be a bit of an issue. I've been prescribed some anti-sickness tablets which will help with the nausea and dizziness but the doctor said they're not all that successful with inner ear troubles, and also they will make me feel drowsy.  Having read the side effects, they state- may cause dizziness and drowsiness.  Er.... right. :-/

I just want to be well now though.  Hopefully things will get better and I'll be able to go back to the docs and ask him to mark me back as fit to work. 

N has returned from his travels and came straight away to look after me which was lovely of him.  I've had other chums calling me, and checking up on me via daily texts too so it's good to know out of sight isn't out of mind.  Good buddies really can make the world of difference.

If I'm going to be off work for at least another week I need a To Do List because I simply can NOT sit around doing nothing.  Soo here are my ideas for...

Things To Do While Off Sick Which Don't Involve Moving My Head:

- Drawing up my new tattoo
- Reading all the books I have piled up
- Re-Acquaint myself with some Japanese phrases and alphabet
- Blog
- Sketch
- Think up some new self promo sculpture projects
- Re-watch "Seven Psychopaths"

Any further suggestions are welcome!

No comments: