Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I've gone viral.

I have managed to pick up a virus. 

I nearly collapsed at work the other day and had to be driven home, leaving my poor little Franko alone in the dark depths of Walsall for a day.  He was safely retrieved later on yesterday evening.

My doctor has told me I have a virus which is affecting my inner ear, sending my balance off, giving me nausea, a high temperature and dizziness.  I have a feeling a little bit like my head is being twisted in two directions, and a little bit drunk when I close my eyes- the room spins.  It's not very nice.

Soo I've been off work today. And may well be tomorrow depending how I feel in the morning.  I've spent the day on the sofa watching Mary & Max followed by Little Miss Sunshine.  Both awesome, though I forgot just how sad the first one was.  Probably not the best choice when you're feeling under the weather.

I also managed to get prescribed some sleeping tablets.  The last time I was given sleeping tablets was when I had my longest period of sustained insomnia and I was prescribed Temazepam.  Highly addictive, I wasn't prescribed many at a time, and was instructed not to take them on consecutive nights.  They were awesome.  And many a night I have wished I had some to help knock me out.  This time I've been given Zopiclone, and last night was the best nights sleep I've had in months.  I don't think I ever EVER naturally sleep a whole night through without waking up.  But I drifted off to sleep so quickly last night, and woke just before my alarm went off (as usual) with a FULL, uninterrupted nights sleep.  Honestly, the value of this is completely alien to some people.  I guess that is why they are so addictive.

1 comment:

Markuuus said...

Hope your feeling better soon slink x