Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Burn.

I was going to pose the question: Why does sunburned skin stay hot for days as opposed to when you overcook a sausage and it gets burnt but cools down?...

The answer, I have just discovered, is basically because sausages aren't alive.

The sunburnt skin doesn't stay hot because of the burn per se, it stays hot because of the body responding to the type of injury, increasing blood flow to the area causing slight inflammation and warmth until the skin is fully healed. 

If I'd have given that question considerable thought for longer than the twenty seconds I gave it, I might have reached that conclusion myself.  My god, I can be such a dumbass.

Tonight I am having to survive without my phone.  It already feels a bit odd... not sure yet how I'm going to get up in the morning without my alarm but I'll worry about that later. 

No comments: