Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Big News.

I have been dropping clues in my titles the last few blog posts as to what my big news is...

This is going to massively underwhelm (is that possible- to MASSIVELY underwhelm?) a lot of people... however, those who know me well will appreciate why this news is big. To me.

Something life changing occured.  And all I have to show for it both before and after will be a bit of paper. 

There are a few bands that I love... those that leap out as all time favourites are the likes of Radiohead (seen them twice), The Deftones (seen once), System of a Down (seen once).  There's a few others I HAVE to see before I die- A Perfect Circle or Puscifer to complete my TOOLkit (gettit??? lol) and of course... the amazing ... Nine Inch Nails.

I missed them many years ago, I think it was my first year of Uni when they last toured and I missed them perform in Birmingham.  I idiotically only realised they were playing on the day they performed and couldn't go.  This year, they're performing at Reading and Leeds, and I was toying with the idea of paying a stupid amount of money on a day ticket, a hotel and a very long car journey to see them.  This would have cost me well over £200 all in.  HOWEVER, they are ALSO playing in a tiny little town called Belfast in August... and I've ONLY BLOODY WELL GONE AND GOT TICKETS!!!!
Fuck.  I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about this.  It's meant a hotel and flights, but even with the tickets it's cost about £130.  This is a lot, however, this gig is going to be epic for me.

There's been a few gigs where I've just experienced absolute awe.  I was immersed in it standing in front of Martin Grech, and the times I saw Radiohead and System of a Down, even Tool, ... I've just been completely, utterly in awe, almost on a complete other plain as I just breathe in and absorb the gig experience.  Trent Reznor is like the Pope is to Catholics, without the paeodophilia, corruption, obscene hyppocrisy and religion.  He is more than that, a genius, everything he touches turning to liquidy, ear-nectar.  I can well imagine this gig is going to be one of those momentous gigs that I will never forget. 

The gig is on the 21st of August. I'm counting down the days via the below worm...


1 comment:

ktpland said...

Please keep the countdown going it's perfect for me to know when my birthday is too! :-P dead chuffed for you about going to the gig (it might ALMOST be on the same level as me seeing Steps but I won't push it!) x