Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunspots.

What an awesome weekend!

It kicked off with some sunny post-work drinks on Friday evening with H from work.  I survived my first round of drinking post inner-ear troubles.  Having felt drunk for three weeks I was a bit wary of getting back on the good ol' Jack n Coke, but yep, it was just what I needed.

Following that I spent Saturday on a mini road trip with N up to Chester.  It was beautifully sunny and we strolled around the quaint little shops and had a waffle cone ice cream by the river.  We took a walk all round the ancient city walls and looked around the Roman gardens and amphitheatre although I was put off by the creepy stilt walker who seemed to be tottering around.  I still hate them. Always will. 
I failed miserably at remembering my digital SLR to take any decent photographs which pissed me off no end, but to redeem myself I am proud to say I refrained from spending any money in the shops despite being very tempted by a nice new handbag.  Be proud. 

Saturday evening was spent being set up in the back garden with some Honey Jack, Peanuts, a nice warm chicken salad and the Sono's blaring out some awesome tunes while a little lantern flickered in the gentle breeze.  It was perfect. 

Today I spent the morning strolling around Cars In the Park in Lichfield wishing I was rich enough to have a car for every day of the week.  A quick lunch was had at Ego nearby, a Mediterranean bar where I had a Fusion Mezze platter and a Strawberry, Mango and Stem Ginger Eton Mess for dessert.  Then, back to the park for a last drool over some amazing cars... before heading back in time for the Wimbledon final where grumpy-ass Murray took the cup. 

I've picked the following as my faves from today although the F type Jag and a BEAUTIFUL blue TVR Sagaris also looked incredible.  I think you will agree the matt black Hudson complete with skull on the dashboard is very me.  :-)


The weekend was finished off with a family barbeque in place of the traditional Sunday dinner, complete with steaks, burger, sausage, rice, salad, new potatoes and kebab roasted vegetables. 

I have some sunburn from today.  I plastered myself in factor 30 this morning, and seem to have staved off getting burnt in the normal places like my neck.  However, I do have an interesting red, stripe down my nose, and some weird patterns on my arms which look equally strange! It must have been where I was holding my bag or something and have got burnt in between the straps.  No matter how hard you try, when you have ghostly white pale skin like me, the sun will get to you somehow!!!

Despite the sunburn, this weekend has been - simply PERFECT.  :-)

Coming up this week... I am planning on returning to the gym now I'm fully fit, shopping for Boss' leaving present on Tuesday, Boss' leaving do on Friday and then potentially a night out in Brum on Saturday! I want to squeeze in a trip to the cinema, headphone shopping, potential holiday shopping and wedding guest dress shopping also this week.

Ooh... and I must blog about the imminent awesomeness that I have managed to source for myself.





No comments: