Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Round Up!

Another busy weekend has flown by!

Last Friday was my boss' leaving do (due to having to take forced retirement thanks to the Government bringing in A19).  We started at a nearby pub straight after work, followed by a trip to the dogs.  I was mislead into purchasing my whole evening's worth of bets in one go and I put £2.00 per race on a Reverse Forecast.  This cost me £20, but since I'd chosen my two lucky numbers I thought I couldn't go wrong.  Shortly after the first race however, I discovered that Forecast meant the two I had chosen HAD to finish First AND Second.  I thought I only had to get one to win, so I pretty much thought my chances were screwed.

I was wrong.  I had TWO races where my lucky numbers finished first and second, winning £13 the first time and £14 the second; leaving with a profit of £7! Wooohoo!  My lucky numbers never let me down. :-)
Following this, and with many a drunk Officer in tow, we headed to another pub.  I was driving so I finally got home at 1.30am having dropped off two people including my boss. 

Saturday evening I hit the town with H, going to our local first of all and then heading into the city for cocktails at Marco Pierre Whites where we caught a cool breeze out on the terrace of The Cube.  It was a lovely view, watching the sunset over concrete-y Brum.  Unfortunately, as with many of these places, the only downside to the nice environment was the snotty, pathetic, bitchy crowd.  We later met up with N, his brother, his girlfriend and an old mate a bit later in the evening.  It was far too hot to stay in the Yardbird so we ended up outside.

Sunday I spent some time with the family, in particular my Grandparents who I haven't seen for a few months.  My Grandad's stories make me laugh, and I love how him and my Grandma still hold hands and have play fights.  I ended Sunday at the Gym where I'm trying to rebuild all the strength I lost when I had to take three weeks off from the Gym due to my Labyrinthitis/ Vertigo. To my amazement I was able to lift one of the higher freeweights which made my evening, however, I still have a long way to go to re-tone and re-build.  I'm cutting down so much on cardio, sticking to a bit of rowing or cycle just as a warm up exercise. 

I've just been given the go ahead for a new wedding cake topper commission so I need to get round to some preliminary sketches this weekend. 
I've lost my prescription sunglasses so I also need to take on the onerous, horrendous task of getting my eyes tested and new glasses.
I also had a really good write up from my supervisor as to my performance over the last year and have been given a bit more training in order to take the reigns on the departments website, so I'm chuffed with that too.
I'm also sleeping much better thanks to some handy ear plugs. This is massively helping my appetite and general mood

Things feel good. Busy... but good.

No comments: