Thursday, November 24, 2005

House Warming

This house shivers.

As I spend most of the night lying awake, I've become aware of the bed shivering every now and then. I've slowly discounted all the possibilities- like Niall twitching about or snoring or whatever, me moving, traffic causing vibrations- as I couldn't hear any large lorries or anything, it's not in my head either, I have damn good senses and I can actually feel it. It's happened a fair bit at night; I couldn't work it out anyway... I ended up just assuming it was pipes or something.

However, I was sitting at the computer a few days ago in the middle of the day. The main road outside our house was quiet and I sit by the window so I could see there was nothing on the road. I felt it... the house shivered. It's so. freakin. wierd. It wasn't enough to make things rattle, though my moniter wobbled a bit, it's just damn strange. Before you go saying that I imagined it, don't bother- I didn't... and though nothing moved I could feel it through my feet and around me; it wasn't an internal shake coming from me.

I checked out for any seismic activity but I can't exactly remember what day it was. However, the only seismic activity in the UK in the last few days has been up in Scotland.

This has got to mean one of the following:

a) I have super heightened senses and can feel every movement of the earth

b) Our house has been built on an old coal mine and is going to collapse

c) It's just rrrrreeeeally cold

hmm. Anyone know of any companies selling house sized scarves and hats?

6 comments:

Ramzi said...

I think it's hight time you introduced your house to some cute housette and moved them closer together.

In case that doesn't work, check out this site and see if you're haunted ;o)

Lulu said...

erm... Mum says that where you live is coal mine territory so you'd better get your hosue checked damn quickly hun.

elChrizzo said...

About that photoblog sign in problem. I am having the same trouble on my freshly installed PC. After filling out name and password it just refreshes the sign-in page. On my laptop I have no problem signing in. Weird. I think this Ygor person is the site-administrator. He lives in my city and I think he's a member of a forum I regularly check. I'll send him a message and we'll see....

Slink said...

Thanks so much elchrizzo... :) fingers crossed!

Ramzi- don't even mention ghosts... I won't sleep for weeks!

Sook- hrmm! Big heart eh?

Ru-Isu- I'm looking into this, though up to now I can't find any evidence of collieries in this are... still working on it though!

elChrizzo said...

I did not get an answer but I can sign in again.... You too?

Slink said...

yep... seems to be okay!thanks elchrizzo :-)