Tuesday, December 04, 2012

An Interjection: The Fear

FINALLY.  A decent drama series written by someone who actually cares about film.



I saw the ad for this last week and having loved the films NEDS and Tyrannosaur I was immediately intrigued by the fact this starred the same actor- Peter Mullan, in a similar role. 

The first episode aired last night and I was immediately impressed with the camera work, compositions and analogies used to create the uneasy atmosphere.  Coastal erosion, regeneration of an old pier, the sea, soceital breakdown and the invasion of a criminal gang are all used as motifs echoing the graual loss of the central characters mind to dementia. 

I'm gripped.  I just hope the remaining three episodes live up to my expectations and continue to inspire. 

Faith restored in story telling on TV.  :-)

No comments: