Sunday, March 27, 2005

Birthday Slink

I am so tired right now.

Friday was, as many of you know, my 22nd birthday. I had lots of loverly pressies including some fab clothes, a dvd, a katatonia cd, a bop it, money, a bracelet and some photography stuff that should really help the finished look of my work. Niall got me membership to the AOI (Association of Illustrators) which was pretty amazing and totally unexpected. I had a cool chilled out kinda day with a phonecall from Ktp in india and one from my bro in japan which was a nice suprise. In the evening myself, Niall, my sister and the folks went to TGI Fridays for a slap up meal, but it was full of loud shouting kids that should have been strapped to their seats rather than being left to run wildly around the restaurant. I hate it when parents allow kids to do that, fair enough in a park or something but not in a crowded busy room where people are trying to enjoy a meal. Bastards. However, the food was pretty nice and I even got through half my dessert! We shared a platter between us all to start with, then I had a steak in peppercorn sauce with veggies and cheesy mash, with a "cookie madness" for afters. They even stuck a candle in it for me. Aah.

On saturday morning I drove Niall and Sarah B to our uni house, and met up with Dave, Jonjon, Rfa, and the ladybug. I got even more pressies which was cool. The ladybug got me a nice bracelet, I got choccies and enough drink to last me a whole year, plus Dave got me tickets to see Martin Gretch who I've been desperately waiting to go and see again for ages. He rocks like a bitch. Roll on May 12th!.... After scoffing pizza as best we could, we got all dressed up and set off for a supposedly quick train journey into Notty. Though there was actually a train this time (last time we had to go by coach), this so called 'high speed' service turned a fifteen minute ride into a fifty minute journey, half of which was spent sitting still in the middle of nowhere only to go back in the same direction we came ...... but of course, Mr Blair would much rather we used public transport despite wether or not the so called services actually work. Anyways, we made it into Notty and headed straight for the Pit where I was treated to lots of drinks, including some cocktails of Envy. mmmm mmmm mmmmmmm. At about half ten we went up to Rock City where Mark and Loz joined us a little later on. It was a good night. I was a bit worried about keeping everyone entertained and happy with music and so on, but at the end of the day everyone seemed to find something they enjoyed. I danced around like a maniac for a while which meant I was on bottled water for the rest of the night trying to stay hydrated and cool. We got an hour less in Rock City because of the clocks going forward which was a bit pants but to be honest I was getting pretty tired from all the mad bouncing around so it seemed to work out nicely. Towards the end of the night, I managed to sit in a huge puddle of an unkown liquid substance that soaked through my mini skirt leaving me with a nice wet bum for the taxi journey home. That wasn't very nice, but I think by that point I was so tired I didn't really notice.

So now everyones back home and it's not my birthday anymore. :( I don't feel any older which is good, and I still got I.D'd last night so I obviously still look nice and young. Woohoo. I'm not doing any more work tomorrow either, we're off to see grandparents and things for easter monday so I'll probably catch up on some sleep. I also have to prepare myself mentally for starting work at the end of the week. It's a school holiday club for kids at the school my mum works at. There's plenty of decent kids there who behave okay but there's also some complete wankers that I'm pretty sure have come straight from hell, but I need the money and I'm only working three full days (8-6!!!!) so thats not tooo bad.

Right, I need a good nap... think I'll go cuddle up to Niall and my hoard of easter eggs and sleep for a while. Thanks to all my buddies for making my birthday feel really special. xxxx

1 comment:

Paul said...

Slink,

Happy belated berfday!!

I side with you completely on the kids in restaurants thang. They shouldn't be allowed in them, or on planes, or in pubs, or on buses or on trains or anywhere where I can hear, see or smell the snot-ridden little tykes.

Hope you enjoyed yourself, it sounds as though you did.