Sunday, March 06, 2005

Shattered.

Long time, no post.

I'm starting to feel better, my appetite still comes and goes and I'm still getting the odd twinge but all in all I feel okay. My mood's been lifted a little more and my developing cold has been fought off by my fantastic super strength anti-bodies. Bring it on germs...

I've been a social butterfly this week. Thursday I had my tutorial during the day and Andy was thrilled with my bug piece. So thrilled in fact that he wants to see even more along the same theme. I've been given another piece of work to do too for our degree show book so I've got quite alot of work to do this week coming. However, that didn't stop me going out to Subversion (rock night) on thursday night. It was a really good night even though we didn't stay right til the end.

Friday was spent bumming around in preparation for our illustration course mini-social at the infamously crap 'fnd' at our student union. This night is usually reserved for slappers and complete twats to come together, drink themselves stupid, dance to rubbish 'music', puke everywhere, and "pull". Yeah, not my kind of night. Nevertheless it's Linzi's favorite night out at the union and I told her I'd make an appearance, dragging Niall along for protection against the molesting, lecherous drunkards. It actually wasn't too bad. We only stayed till twelve and it wasn't as packed as it has been in the past. Niall and I spent the time counting Mullets on the fnd-ers, but I think we abandoned the count at 50 as there were just way too many.

Saturday, I'd been waiting for for ages. I didn't do much during the day, perhaps a pop into town then a bit of work in the afternoon, but in the evening I got dressed up for Mark's birthday outing at Nottingham's Rock City. We got there at about half ten and it was pretty empty, but the music was, as anticipated, good. It was a really good night, hanging out with some great buddies of mine, with some decent music... just great. And although it got busy towards the end of the night, we moved down to the basement where they played some scarey heavy hardcore stuff which was exactly what Mark loves. Him and Niall donned the dance floor for a fair few songs and came back absolutely knackered. Hehe. We also got 36crazyfists played for Mark which came with a call out wishing him happy birthday courtesy of myself and Niall. :) aaaah. A good night was had by all. We got a taxi home, and at 3 am we were just home in time to see the start of the Australian Grand Prix. I think I managed to watch about two laps before I fell asleep! Was a shame considering how much I love my motor racing but I was godamn tired after three nights worth of going out-ness.

I would have loved a lie in this morning but I had to get up in time for my folks picking me up to go see my grandparents in Nottingham for mothers day. Still, I had a nice typical Sunday seeing the folks, my sister, both sets of grandparents and eating as much as possible. I even had a posh meal of Pheasant in a gorgeous creamy sauce, while Niall had Hare in a red wine sauce. Yaaay for my grandads cooking. My other Nana baked me some cakes too; and mom had picked me up a bulk pack of kinder Happy Hippos. Not bad for a days work.

Which brings me riiiight up to now. I'm really tired. I think an early night's in order tonight. I've got lots of work to do this week so I need to catch up on some sleep before I attempt anything. *yawn*

Long post, no time.

Night night me lovelies.

No comments: